Friday, July 07, 2006

An Eye Opening Day

If I learned anything the second day of our time in the Holy Land it was this: Never go to the beach unprepared; bring blindfolds. It is, after all, a very European influenced country. By this I mean all the nakedness! A frightening thing if you're not ready for it.
But once you got past all that, it was really a very beautiful beach. The ones I've been to were very dirty and.. almost fake. Not this beach. And the waves! Powerful.
Never mind all that though. The real spiritual experience was that night. A large group of us from the tour went to Dugit-a Messianic Outreach Center in the heart of Tel Aviv-to attend the Gospel Cafe. Every Thursday night Dugit opens their doors for people to come and enjoy free Cappuccino and live music. Conversation usually stirs and eventually the people get to share about Yeshua (Jesus) and plant the seed of the Spirit.
All in all, it was a pretty amazing day. And it gave me a taste of what I would be doing during my four days after the tour ended. I had emailed Karen-the volunteer coordinator at Dugit-and set up a few days to help out. Those are very amazing people! G-d is really using them to His good purpose.
Shabbat Shalom everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home